Saturday 16 May 2009

The Days We Felt Alive

i.
I’ll spare you the fairytale,
But only if it will make you feel better.
I will not tell you how I heard your name singing in the
Cavern I called my heart.
I will also not tell you that you no longer exist,
For what is a memory to me now?



If only I could hear you read that sweet tale,
And sing that aria with your eyes.
You were the only one with room
Enough for me and my problems.
Why am I make-believe?
Why am I clawing at the memories that you have
Thrown away?

ii.

We once said we would be always,
And we promised in solemn naivety that we would become
One.
But now we have opened our eyes,
Only to be blinded by the darkness.
We always struggled to find the path;
There was never room enough for two.



What I would give for those feeble promises
To be voiced again, in that same breathless
Exhilaration that varnished our adolescence.
The darkness is cracking;
Look, come feel the warmth of the light.
The path is there –
We must become one to walk.

iii.

I am retracing your path with my fingertips,
Touching the walls to find traces of you.
Are you in the splinters that pain me?
You suffocate me with the utmost care,
And I am on the brink of adoration.
I have never believed before that I could want
Such a sweet destruction,
Or such a perfect poison.



I am no splinter.
Can you not feel my healing kiss?
Tip-toe over the edge of your fear and find solace
In this abyss that I call home.
I am your poison, your destruction.
I am your love.


This isn't very good. But I would like some feedback on it :)

No comments: