Friday 8 May 2009

Important news.

Today I finished my song - with music and everything. These are the finished lyrics :)

Sweet Nothings and Drawn Out Lies

Holding hands in front of movie screens
Cliched lines in those cliche scenes
We fell long ago and we're pretty secure
But I'm not sure if safe's what I want anymore

I said there's comfort in control
But if we're going down, honey, I wanna let myself go

And I'll whisper into the hum of the telephone,
"Sorry, honey, but I gotta go."
You love me, that much is true
But I want adventure and there's none with you.

You've held my hand for far too long
Perhaps that's why I'm writing this song
And now it's time for our final goodbyes
Someone tell me why there's tears in my eyes?

I said there's comfort in control
But if I'm going down, honey, I gotta let you go

I wanna whisper into the hum of the telephone
"Sorry, honey, but I gotta go."
You love me, that much is true,
But I want adventure and there's none with you

[Piano interlude bit]

I said there's comfort in control
But I've gone now honey, and I let you go

I whispered into the hum of your telephone,
"Sorry, honey, but I'm leaving soon."
You love me, and I'll sorta miss you too
But I want adventure,
Yes, I want adventure
I want adventure...
And there's none
Oh no, there's none.
I want adventure and there's none with you.

No comments: