Tuesday 5 May 2009

Heartbeats.

I think I should rename this blog "For my bestie" because I always seem to be writing about it. Maybe that's because she's one of the most important things in my life. Actually, no, the most important thing in my life - even music seems to come second at the moment.

So, here's a poem for her. And I actually wrote it off the top of my head.

Warm hands, cold feet,
Empty hearts and busy street.
Struggling to discover peace of mind
And the euphoria we yearn find.

The notes and hugs and endless fun...
What will we do when all this is done?
I'm clawing back to grab the past
But looks like this era's over at last.

I'm making little sense, I can see
But these words are only for you and me
To read back when we're old and wise
So you can laugh with your amber eyes.

Rhymes are pretty and time is short
You were my first true cohort.
Warm hands, cold feet,
We've got a life we have to complete.
Together forever, you and I -
Rachel and Charlotte: best friends till we die.

No comments: